We offer outpatient physiotherapy treatment to Albany Medical Clinic patients, as well as others in the community.
Our clinic is an Ontario Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care licensed facility. We also carry out Workplace Safety and Insurance Board of Ontario (WSIB) treatment programs.
Our physiotherapy department is primarily an orthopedic facility and our team of experienced physiotherapists offer services for the following conditions:
- acute and chronic injuries,
- spinal and peripheral musculo-skeletal injuries,
- peripheral neuropathy (nerve damage),
- TMJ strain/injury,
- various rheumatological conditions,
- all pre and post operative care, and,
- sports injuries.
In ALL cases a physician's referral is required for treatment.
Not all patients are covered for physiotherapy services by the Ontario Health Insurance Plan - OHIP. Those patients covered by OHIP for physiotherapy are still subject to an annual limit to the number of visits they are entitled to as follows:
- Post hospitalization patients referred by the hospital physician for physiotherapy are allowed 50 visits per OHIP year paid for by OHIP.
- Patients younger than 19 or 65 or older are allowed 100 visits per OHIP year paid for by OHIP.
- Patients on Ontario Disability Support Program (ODSP), Family Benefits or Ontario Works (between the ages of 19 and 65) are allowed 100 visits per year paid for by OHIP.NOTE: that the OHIP year runs for April 1 to March 31.
If a patient is not covered by OHIP or should their entitlement run out (that is exceed the permitted amounts paid by OHIP), the patient may still receive physiotherapy but they will have to pay for the service themselves.
Persons seeking physiotherapy services who do not qualify for OHIP coverage as stated above, will have to pay a fee-for-service. As of April 1, 2007, the Albany Medical Clinic will charge $25 per treatment or $225 for a 10-visit pak (one treatment is included free of charge). NOTE: that we will honour 10-visit paks purchased before April 1, 2007.
The Albany Medical Clinic charges patients assessment fees. This charge is not and has never been covered by OHIP.
|Seniors (over 65):
Assessments are performed before the start of any treatment. Re-assessments may be performed after a pre-determined course. The scope and breathe of assessments and treatments are at the professional discretion of the physiotherapist.
All fees are payable by cash, debit card, Visa, Mastercard or American Express (keep your receipts for income tax purposes).
For alternate physiotherapy services provided at our clinic by ICC Healthnet Canada Inc., please visit our Rehabilitation & Wellness web page.