Almost 70 years of Healthcare Leadership!
Welcome to one of Canada’s oldest full-service healthcare clinics. Since 1946, the Albany Medical Clinic has been providing a wide range of quality community based healthcare services all under one roof.
The Albany Medical Clinic was founded on November 1, 1946 by four physicians who served together in the Canadian Army Medical Corp during World War II. After the war, they came together and purchased the Albany Maternity Hospital that had been operating on the Danforth since the early 1930’s. (That’s where we got the name Albany!). These doctors operated their practice out of a large, old Victorian home on the Danforth until the 1960’s when the offices were rebuilt. We left our Danforth location in 2010 and moved into our brand new 5 story 45, 000 sq ft building around the corner on Broadview just north of the Danforth subway station.
Today, the medical team at the Albany Medical Clinic has more than 30 family doctors and more than 40 different specialists supported by a team of staff including nurses and other direct physician supports.
Our “one-stop service” includes:
- Onsite diagnostic services (Xray, Ultrasound, Mammography, Bone Density, ECG, Pulmonary function);
- Dental services
- Lab services
- Rehabilitation and Wellness and
- Pharmacy services
WE WELCOME NEW PATIENTS!